New adventures afoot...

New adventures afoot...
where in the world...

Friday, March 4, 2011

Hello All!

Yes, an egregiously long time since my last post... no great excuses except for that work here has been amazingly busy, and the internet is only available during work hours.  So not much time for dinking around... but life is slowing down... not because I'm not working any more, but because I'm still here at the South Pole.

Big news... I'm staying here for the winter season! The last plane left about two weeks ago... so no chance to back out now.  The next plane we'll see will be at the end of October, bringing in the first of the summer crew to ramp things back up again.

I'm really excited to be staying, for many reasons.  Right now the main one is because I'll finally have a chance to rest!  Sounds counterintuitive, but life has been pretty crazy since after Christmas... but I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Internet is about to run out, and I have to go and catch brunch... a special production now that we're in winter mode.  This is our first two day weekend and everyone has off-- so no cooks cooking for us, officially.  It's rummaging thru the leftover fridge, unless you want to make a meal of your own.  But one of the kitchen staff volunteered to make a brunch today... and I don't want to let him think his efforts are all for naught!

So I'll be back soon with more... details of my greenhouse job (finally!) and of the crazy path it's been till now, working as a 'wastie'.  Stay tuned for details and translations!

Truly, I'm thinking of all of you, I know I have many emails that have gone un-answered... just know I'm still here and excited about sharing what I've been up to.

love jos :)

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO! So good to hear from you! The girls and I have been checking for an update. Now I get to explain all the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete